April 12, 2008

The main issues in "The Kite Runner"

Here are some of the issues that among so many others make The Kite Runner a novel hard to forget. These are the ones that in my opinion give this novel that "something else":

Live in a Lie
Superiority
Loyalty
Friendship
Redemption
Emptiness
Destruction of what is Our Home
Regret
Love
War (physical and psychological)
Bravery as Punishment
Discrimination
Expectations
Cultural differences
Cowardice versus Courage
Immigration
American Dream

I decided not to explain each one of them, due to the fact that I'm not sure if all of you already read it all (and I do not want to be a spoiler). So this way, if you have any doubts or simply do not agree with something, please say so!

You are welcome to have your say about my opinion and I will be waiting for more suggestions

No comments: